Vexing UK VAT
As of Jan. 1, 2021, Amazon collects VAT on the sale of some items to UK prospects.
The quantity is displayed at checkout, collected by Amazon, and paid on to the UK authorities.
Listed here are the kinds of objects the brand new rule applies to:
- Gadgets shipped from outdoors the UK the place the worth of the package deal is beneath £135.
- Gadgets shipped from the UK by a non-UK vendor, regardless of the worth.
- Gadgets price lower than £15 are not exempt.
Amazon doesn’t accumulate VAT if the shopper supplied a VAT quantity (the shopper is a enterprise). The foundations apply as follows:
- for the Gadgets shipped from the UK by a non-UK vendor, regardless of the worth case, the vendor is accountable for VAT if the shopper is a enterprise.
- for Gadgets shipped from outside the UK the place the worth of the package deal is beneath £135, the shopper is accountable for VAT.